DEALING IN BOTH CORPORATE LAW AND INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE LEGAL SERVICES, THE OFFICE ACTS AS LEAD COUNSEL BUT IS FREQUENTLY INVITED TO ACT AS CO-COUNSEL OR SPECIAL COUNSEL IN MAJOR INTERNATIONAL MATTERS.
Historically, the client base for the team was composed mainly of North American quoted companies. Over time it has expanded to include clients throughout the rest of the world.
As well as acting as lead counsel, the team is frequently invited to act as co-counsel or special counsel in major international matters.
The team’s corporate legal and tax services include:
- Establish legal entities and branches
- Design and implement international holding, finance and IP structures
- Prepare and implement mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and reorganisations
- Consult regarding income tax and VAT planning and compliance
- Assist with transfer pricing matters, including related tax rulings
- Consult regarding proper corporate governance and adequate substance
- Assist with post-merger integration and legal entity reduction initiatives
- Structure cross-border transactions to achieve tax and treasury objectives
- Perform corporate and tax due diligence
- Develop strategies to minimise the impact of tax controversy
- Offer general corporate and tax services
- Assistance with banking/finance matters
- Assistance with the issuance of debt securities
Prins Mauritslaan 5
Tel +31 (0)20 305 5700
Fax +31 (0)20 305 5788