Information for candidates for selection of the year 2022
We offer scholarship packages at a maximum of CHF 25’000 to support students in their pursuit of a law degree at an undergraduate or postgraduate level, who showcase the motivation, intellect and character to engage in the legal issues of today for a better tomorrow. Funding is not limited to tuition and can be used toward insurance, living costs and any additional fees. The scholarship is available to scholars globally who meet the below listed requirements.
09 January 2022
- Academic excellence: all applicants must prove a minimum overall GPA of 3.75 or the local equivalent thereof. It is not required that you are currently enrolled at an institution. Exception may be made by providing proof of excellence in the field of law through previous employment.
- Dedication to the law: all applicants must prove their commitment to the study of law. No specific specialization within the field is required.
- Unmet financial need: all applicants must demonstrate unmet financial need in their pursuit of a law degree.
- You can apply online by emailing Frank Weidema with all required documents at email@example.com
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 09 January 2022. Please label your documents as follows: LastName_FirstName_DocumentType (eg. Smith_John_OfficialTranscript).
- Make sure to read all information carefully when applying. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading ‘Scholarship query’. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
- All applicants will be notified of a decision, regardless of whether or not they receive an offer.
Documents and details to be submitted with your application
- Your official transcript of the high school or college / university at which you are or were most recently enrolled.
- An income statement detailing your financial status and proving economic hardship.
- A full curriculum vitae which should include details about academic qualifications, prizes, scholarships, positions of leadership, employment positions, involvement in voluntary and extracurricular activities and any cultural, musical or sporting accomplishments. Your CV should not exceed 2 pages. Note that your CV does not reflect your chances at the scholarship. We are curious to know what your interests are, not how much you have achieved already.
- A personal statement of between 500 and 1000 words detailing why you want to pursue the law and what matters to you. We are curious about what you hope to do with your law degree, but do not expect you to have a five-year plan. Above all, demonstrate your passion, interest, and excitement. We want to understand your motivation behind pursuing this degree. We have your transcript and your CV; the personal statement allows you to highlight anything we might not know about you yet.
- Two letters of recommendation. These can be from academics who have taught you or previous employers. They cannot be from family members. Ensure that you have checked with your referees first before listing them.
Selection for the scholarship is made without regard to marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social background, disability, caste or other irrelevant distinction.
If you pass our selection criteria, we will contact you for a short phone interview. This isn’t a job interview; we understand that you are just at the beginning of your journey within the law. We don’t want to talk legalese, we just want to get to know you better. Be yourself and show us why you chose the law as your course of study.
The Weidema van Tol scholarship is confirmed only upon admission to the law school or program of your chosen university.
The decision of the Selection Committee is final.
A law practice specializing in international corporate tax, Weidema van Tol wish to nurture the next generation of lawyers committed to servicing others to the best of their abilities.